PLEASE SHARE THIS LETTER WITH EVERYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Dear FBC Family,
Greetings to all my precious church family. My mind is thinking of Philippians 1:8 this morning that
says, “For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.” I miss you
so much. I was telling Marcy yesterday how painful it is to preach a sermon and then just walk to
my car and drive home. I miss getting to talk with you, pray with you, and hear how the Lord is at
work in your life. Please know that even though we are separated by distance right now, my
affection for you has never been stronger!
I am so encouraged by how our church family has continued to do the Lord’s work. Even during
this strange season, the work of teaching the Bible, making disciples, and serving people must go
on. By God’s grace, we are still able to serve the Lord. Here are a few things happening regularly:
• Online Sunday School for Youth Ministry and Adults each Sunday at 9:30 am
• Online music and preaching each Sunday at 10:30 am
• Online Bible teaching each Wednesday at 6:30 pm
• Youth Ministry & Music Ministry online teaching and ministry each Wednesday at 6:30 pm
• Weekday Pastors Devotion at 10 am
• Preschool & Children’s Ministry online throughout the week on ministry Facebook pages
• Weekly evangelistic ideas and challenges
• Serving free meals for the community on Mondays through “Meals for Mustang”
• Members making masks for healthcare providers and agencies in need
Let me encourage you to continue using your spiritual gifts to serve the body of Christ. Although
we are not meeting in a specific location for a season, our corporate and individual ministry must
continue. Keep praying for open doors to serve people, meet needs, and share the gospel.
The phrase that has been my anthem throughout this time has been Pray Yourself Joyful! Let’s
each remain committed to doing so. Take time to pray each day until you have hope and joy in your
heart. We want to be delighting in the Lord and living out our faith.
If we can serve you in any way, please let us know. We are committed to shepherding and leading
you to a closer walk with the Lord. We are here for you and love you dearly! Church family, we are
one day closer to meeting together again. May we find joy even in the waiting.
I love serving as your Pastor,