Did you know that before Oklahoma was a state, First Baptist was a church. First Baptist Mustang was constituted on July 12, 1903. For a number of years the church had no physical building so members met in schoolhouses and in the Presbyterian and Methodist churches when they were not having services. About 1918 the first church building was erected at the location one-half mile south of highway 152 on Mustang Road on lots donated by Brother G.S. Rector. In April 1927, a tornado completely destroyed the first church building and part of the church records. In the summer of 1927, L.H. Snaders, one of the deacons, drew the plans and superintended the work for the new building.During the time of construction, joint services were held with the Methodist church in the school auditorium, as the Methodist church was destroyed by the same storm.In December of 1965 the church voted to buy land at 928 N. Mustang Rd. and relocate the church to make room for expansion. On October 12, 1969 Ross Duckett reported that there was a five and a half acre plot half a mile north of Highway 152 on Mustang Road that was available for $1250 an acre.The church approved plans which called for a building to be used as an auditorium for 300 people with nursery area, kitchen and second story classrooms. The construction was financed by the sale of church bonds.In the summer of 1971 the new church under construction was damaged by a tornado that swept through Mustang. The building was eventually completed and the first service was held on November 14, 1971.In 1976 a new building committee was appointed. The construction of the sanctuary with a seating capacity of 450 seats was completed and the first service was held on February 18, 1979.In August 1981 the church voted to construct a multi-purpose building and it was dedicatd on November 6, 1983.Ground was broken an a new education building in 1994. The building was completed then dedicated on May 21, 1995.In February 2001 the church voted to buy 8.3 acres of land south of the church from the City of Mustang and with this land we will be able to expand in the future without being land locked.In April 2004 our church voted to build a new worship center. We moved into the 42,000 square foot building on April 9, 2006. The new facility includes a 1000 seat Worship Center, conference room, prayer room, library, 4 classrooms, guest reception room and choir practice suite.In September 2014 we opened and moved into our Preschool & Children's Building. This much needed building added a number of classrooms, activity spaces, and most importantly provided a secure child check-in area for all of our babies through 5th graders. This area is used nearly every single day of the week!For more than 100 years, the Lord has blessed First Baptist Church of Mustang. There have been days of tremendous growth, times of great challenge, new buildings and damaged buildings, but through it all, God has been faithful.